5G and subsequent generations of connectivity, compared to the current network technologies such as LTE or WIFI, promise higher bit...
Deutsche Bahn AG (DB) is the biggest company for railway transportation in Germany and aims at becoming the worldwide leading mobility and logistics provider. The German railway infrastructure consists of more than 8000 train stations and has a length over 33,000 kilometres. This network is controlled by about 3,300 interlocking systems of various types.
DB Netz AG (DBN) is the infrastructure provider of DB AG and is responsible for building and maintaining the railway infrastructure and associated systems, like interlockings, signalling systems and other track-side equipment.
Role within 5G-VICTORI
DBN will be one of the use-cases owners of the project and will evaluate alternative communication paths for signalling networks as well as the advanced multimedia features use-case with RBB.
- CIPSEC (H2020 project, coordinated by ATOS): Enhancing Critical Infrastructure Protection with innovative SECurity framework: Development of a unified security framework, which uses state-of-the-art security products to offer high levels of protection for IT and OT. A complete security ecosystem of additional services will be offered that ca support the proposed technical solutions to work reliably and at professional quality.
- INESS (FP7 project, coordinated by DB): Integrated European Signalling System: Development of the common business model and cooperation models to support intelligent migration strategies for ERTMS, a common kernel for future interlocking systems, standardised system architecture, data flow, design tools and training platforms.
- Innotrack (FP6 project DB Lead): Track structure, rails, switches and crossings account for more than 50% of maintenance and renewal costs in the railway industry.
- Smart data for mobility (DB lead: funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi)): Development of an “ecosystem” for multimodal smart mobility services based on a software defined platform.
- RIVAS (FP7 project, DB lead): RIVAS was a joint research and development project that aimed to reduce the environmental impact of ground-borne vibration from rail traffic.
- OpenETCS (Open Proofs Methodology for the European Train Control Onboard System – DB Lead): The aim of this project was to develop an integrated modelling, development, validation and testing framework for leveraging the cost-efficient and reliable implementation of ETCS.
Large scale trials for Railway, Energy, Media and Factories of the Future planned 5G-VICTORI is funded by the EU program...