The 5G-VICTORI project returns to the EuCNC & 6G Summit, taking place in Gothenburg, Sweden, from June 6th to 9th, 2023. The project will have a dedicated booth in the exhibition area where a series of demos will be showcased, demonstrating how open and multi-technology 5G infrastructures can be exploited in support of vertical industry requirements and services.
Visitors to 5G-VICTORI’s booth (#H03:12/H03:14) will have the opportunity to explore the capabilities of four different experimental 5G infrastructures distributed across Europe (Greece, Germany, Romania and the United Kingdom) that have been extended to integrate vertical operational environments in order to support a large variety of vertical services. These 5G infrastructures incorporate fully functional 5G RAN, transport and Core domains including user and control planes as well as management and orchestration layers.
The connectivity offered through the deployed 5G systems will be used to enable delivery of end-to-end services in support of the Rail, Media, Energy and Factories of the Future vertical industries. These demonstrations will be based on both open source and commercially available 5G platforms available at the different 5G-VICTORI facilities and will be a combination of both locally and remote executed demos.
The planned demonstrations are based on set of use cases developed for the different 5G-VICTORI facilities. These use cases will be executed over deployed 5G platforms available at the different 5G-VICTORI infrastructures and include:
- A CDN demo enabled by mmWave connectivity in a railway environment– involving tests in a Deutsche Bahn depot in Berlin where “data showers” with large sets of media assets, enabled by mmWave comms (60 GHz), are synchronized to the train @ 50 km/h.
- Immersive media and VR services and VR Multicamera Live Streaming of a tour in Bristol city centre using 5G.
- The 5G-VICTORI Operation System with focus on visualising the monitoring metrics through the VIOS monitoring and the alerting system, provided by the VIOS Profiling.
- Mission-Critical services over a 5G cellular network, emulating rail signaling, CCTV, sensor data and telephony.
- 5G Network-in-Box solution and its use-cases such as standalone private 5G network or 5G coverage extension.
- 5G Edge Rendering enabling Digital Mobility: This demo showcases a digital mobility application which utilizes 5G Edge Computing and ultra-low latency capabilities to render complex 3D applications developed in graphics engines like Unity in headless mode on 5G Edges and stream the graphical output to 5G UEs using open standards such as WebRTC. The digital mobility application integrates a high-fidelity 3D scan of Berlin central station taken UHA.
The 2023 EuCNC & 6G Summit builds on putting together two successful conferences in the area of telecommunications: EuCNC (European Conference on Networks and Communications), supported by the European Commission, and the 6G Summit, originated from the 6G Flagship programme in Finland, one of the very first in its area. Learn more at www.eucnc.eu.